Monday, March 29, 2010

Ragnar

I was wearing my Ragnar sweatshirt the other day and Meridith, the morning manager at The GB, asked me what the Ragnar symbol meant? She had seen a sticker on another customer's car and thought "Hey, Robin wears that too. I'll ask him!" So she did and in between the preparation of my coffee I explained the whole Ragnar concept.

I bring this up because it is getting on towards Ragnar Relay season and GVB has managed to convince me to join his team and, even more importantly, to actually commit by paying my share of the registration fees.

Oy! What have I gotten myself into (again)?

187 miles of running from Blaine to Langley split amongst 12 runners in two vans in temperatures that range from 80 degrees into the 30's at night. Three legs of running, quite a bit of it uphill and some of it in pitch blackness so late at night that even the bars have closed.

Actually, it was a lot of fun the last time and I am looking forward to it again.

Team #86 "The Ramblin' Wreck" is an optimistic name if I ever heard one (how about the "Nattering Nabobs of Negativism" or N3 to wax Agnewish).

Late July is a long way away and I've got to focus on Eugene for the moment (hmm, methinks it time to make my travel arrangements). Of course, there is still the Cougar Mountain Series as well.

But Eugene first, yes . . .

No comments: