Thursday, February 18, 2010

Early Spring?

Thought I would just share this with you.

Brilliantly sunny February day here in Seattle, not a cloud in the sky, and we are headed up to the upper 50's or low '60's (12-16 C) today with sunny skies forecast for much of the rest of the week.

This is amazing!

All trees and plants have been fooled and have started budding early. Even the grass in the backyard (or what I like to think of grass) has started growing.

I am in maximum solar radiation uptake mode.

I wouldn't mind this lasting for quite a bit longer actually. Seattle sparkles in the sun and Seattleites perk up, shed their layers of Gortex, and move (lots of company on my run last night, so much that Peter Gabriel's "I Have the Touch" was my theme for the duration).

Of course, this also does not bode so well for the summer—all this sun with no storms on deck isn't doing the snowpack much good.

Still . . .

Ahhhh.

1 comment:

Slomohusky said...

Wow! Sounds like a great day for a drive out to Whidbey or just Ferry Ride across the Sound. Have fun with it all that Seattle Sun.