Monday, December 7, 2009


Nice surprise on my door step this afternoon.

My Nike Free ID shoes arrived.

They are interesting and seem put them together differently than the pair I have for running. Not much in the box except two inserts (5.0 and 4.5 support). The uppers are suede with venting accomplished via the holes you can see in the picture. Major differences in the heel counter too. Instead of a "hard" counter, Nike opted for a thin stretchable and highly breathable fabric that grips the heel but does not hold it.

They were a little tight when I first put them on but within an hour or so they stretched out into that familiar comfort that I have come to expect.

This pair, a little on the "formal sneaker side", are intended as my walking around shoes rather than running.

All part of trying to strengthen my feet, ankles, and legs. I look forward to wearing them.

And where did they come from?

Nike Inc ℅ Quindao Chang Shin

8653287224091

No 6 Quan Zhou Road

Jiaozhou City

Qingdao 266300

China


Thus continues my experiment . . .

2 comments:

Vince said...

I love Nike Free. They are the only shoes I run in for the past three years. I have completed dozens of trail ultras (including three 100-milers) and road marathons in them. My feet have never felt better. Those black ones look cool!

rpd said...

Thanks Vince.

I know that Nike used to make a trail version of the Frees but cannot find them. What kind of trails are you running and how do the Frees work? I've found them a bit slippery on uneven wet surfaces.