Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cough! Sneeze! Wheeze! Cough! Wheeze! Sneeze!

I am sick (again) and feel like whining a little.

A cold this time (I hope) and a tenacious one at that. Not the kind that puts you down for the count but rather the kind that is just annoying enough to stop you from doing the things you really want to do (like running and heading out to the mountains for some snow shoeing). It is hanging out in my head, throat, and upper chest—moving around as it pleases. Just when I think I've kicked it, it reminds me that I haven't.

So, I haven't run since the 17th and clocked in a whopping 11.30 miles last week (apologies to my mileagegame teammates (Go T3's, I can't)).

So what have I missed?

I DNS'd at the Winter Grand Prix 2-mile road race this past Saturday because my chest felt really iffy and I did not want to drive the congestion deeper down. At least PuddleThumper and MJ had great outings. Err! I hate this!!! Second race this year that I DNS'd because things were just not right.

Moreover, I am supposed to pace SJ on her 16-miler on the 26th. Don't know if I will be in shape for it. Speaking of which, I have to figure out a route with no major climbs. In Seattle no less. Wish me luck.

I know, I know. This forced rest is supposed to do me good. I am just disappointed at not finishing the year healthy.

OK, whining done. Time to move . . .

No comments: