Friday, November 27, 2009

32.5

32.5 hours before the Seattle Half kickoff and, well, this will be interesting.

The flu took it out of me and I've been clawing my way back into running shape (such as it is) so this will be a run and not a race. 13.1 miles is going to be a bit on the longish side given what I've been able to do—had to resist challenging John Curley at packet pick-up today.

Yesterday, PT and I had a wonderful run out at Soaring Eagle and Beaver Lake. It was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time even though I was really tired by the end of the 9.6 miles. PT reports that I run duck-footed and it gets worse the more tired I get, another indication of the regression away from the ankle, leg, and foot strength that I had developed over the summer. Still, it was nice to get things stretched out on some new trails AND to have fun wading through knee deep water.

Been paying attention to the weather on race day. Looks like we might have some sun. Today?

Spectacular!

See . . .

































































Still not that soft-warm sunshine in the ad promos but, you know, it is sun at the end of November and I am not complaining.

I am wearing Bib# 5394 in 32.5 hours.

1 comment:

Slomohusky said...

Wow! Sun! My first marathon attempt was over 13 years ago and this was the one. It POURED! not the usualy Seattle drizzle, but an all day drenching. Most runners, not me (but I should've), wearing last minute throw on hefty bags with holes for head and arms.

Have fun in the sun! Enjoy the experience.