Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Oven


We did it!

That is, Mother Nature did it and we were all along for the ride.

103 degrees at SeaTac Airport and a new high temperature record.

It is quite an oven out there. Check out the probabilistic forecast (pretty neat).

I am noticing two basic responses. First, the people with pinched faces who look as if every particle of light is an assault on their person. Second, the minority of people who look as if they are soaking in the heat to store for February's darkness. I like to think of myself as the latter but I am writing this from within the cool of my basement. :-P Don't worry, I'll be out walking the dog in a bit and, of course, running in the AM.

Remember Roman Sandals? They seem to be making a come back. This is a good thing!

No comments: