Getting sick and tired of how slow and unresponsive Motionbased has been over the past few weeks?
I sure am and so, it seems, are many more users. And, as slick as connect dot garmin dot com actually is the fact that I cannot upload my own stuff from my own watch is frustrating. Add to that the fact that my last encounter with Mb tech support resulted in a polite message saying it was pretty much my fault (no, it isn't and it hasn't been) has me looking for something that does what Mb used to do really well only better and without the frustration.
Someone on one of the Mb forums suggested RunSaturday as an alternative, a comment that PuddleThumper passed along. I've been mucking about with it over the past day or so and so far am impressed with what I am seeing.
- Speed—the site uploads from my Garmin 305 really fast, much faster than Mb currently does without all the hanging, time outs, and errors
- Social Networking—this combines your data with a social networking profile, allowing for what seems to be an easy way to exchange information. I could see how people could ask for advice on a particular course or make suggestions of their own
- Data Analysis—Interesting scatter plots etc..
The "I am not so sure about" category (stuff I haven't figured out quite yet):
- Time—Not sure but all activities get ported in using a time zone other than my own even if Lat-Lon comes in right. Is this GMT? Manually correcting this is kind of a pain and I haven't figured out if there is a setting
- Total Time v. Moving Time—I have to compare what data is pulled in
- Importing records from a database (i.e., how could I bring in my records from Mb)
- Automatic weather—nuff said
- Changing units of measure—We are kinda stubborn here in the US of A and haven't caught up with the rest of the world (some of us like to measure in cubits still apparently). How to change.
Still this is an intriguing site and I look forward to discovering its capabilities.